Last day of school is Thursday. Students should be bringing home locker items for a fresh start in the new year.
Winter Camp forms
Fun Lunch forms
Food bank and penny donations
Humanities and Math/Science:
-Finish outstanding items (tree story, 12 days of xmas)
- Home Work Check on Days 8-9 of 12 days. You must show your calculations.
Look at the bottom of the post for the prices of items for days 8-10.
See skating pictures below
-Grade 6 Musical: Once on the Housetop is tonight at 7pm.
-CSS is collecting donation of non-perishable food for the Calgary Interfaith Food bank.
-Penny Bake Sale is tomorrow at Lunch.
- 6.4 students, remember to bring your skates Tomorrow.
- Gift exchange: Students interested in participating on Thursday should bring a wrapped gift. The price limit is $10.
Students who bring a gift will have the chance to choose a wrapped gift, once their name is drawn from the hat. Only people who bring gifts will have their name in the hat.
- Students looked into the division of power between the 3 levels of government (Municipal/Provincial/Federal/).
- Students should have handed in their Astrological Timeline posters today.
- Last Friday's division quiz will be handed back and reviewed tomorrow.
- Winter Camp books were all send home today.
-Healthy camp snack recipes available on our website. Click on the button above.
- There are several PENNY fundraisers tomorrow: Pie toss, Penny Games, Gummy Bear Guess.
- Presentations and reflections will wrap up tomorrow.
-Division Quiz tomorrow. Topics include: single digit divisors, double digit divisors, division with decimals, converting remainders to decimals.
-Optional practice questions are attached below, with 2 videos on dividing decimal numbers and turning fraction into decimals (AKA: Remainders to decimals).
-Astrological Timeline Poster is due Monday. Turn it in on EDMODO.
- Winter Camp information night is tonight at 6:30pm.
Camp booklets will be distributed there. If you cannot make it, your child's book will be sent home Thursday.
-Shady Acres council meeting tomorrow. Make sure you have your presentations are ready.
- Math practice booklet due tomorrow.
- Division Quiz and Skill check on Friday.
- Astrological Timeline poster due Monday, Dec. 17th.
-Please return your Skating form ASAP.
- Bring pennies for the school penny drive. We're trying to fill the green bin by the office.
- The Me to We elective is having a penny bake sale on Wednesday.
- Tree stories should be completed. Use lunch time if you need to add any final details.
- Think about your lobby group's stance and presentation for Shady Acres.
- Mr. C would like all outstanding Computation Quizzes signed and returned by tomorrow.
- 6.3 has math work that is due on Wednesday.
- All students will have time to work on their explorer projects on
-No School Tomorrow.
- Please sign and return Ice Rink forms.
Even if your child does not have skates, we can use the rink for broom ball, curling, hockey, etc.
-Great work by all Grade 6's in last nights band concert!
-Work on illustrations for your story. They are due Monday.
- Research your Astronomical Timeline topic. Guiding questions and student topics are posted on Edmodo.
-Math practice for today is posted below.
6.3 and 6.4 will be using the community rink this winter for DPA. Before we can do so, we need parents to be aware of the risks.
-Please read, sign and return the Skating Rink Informed Consent, sent home today.
- Take home your illustration(s) for the Tree Story and work on them at hime if you need more time.
-Look into the issues surrounding the Northern Gateway Pipeline.
-There is math homework tonight. Students have been given a printed sheet.
-It is due tomorrow.
-It is also available in the file below.
| || |
|File Size: ||57 kb|
|File Type: || docx|| |
- Winter Band Concert is Wednesday, Dec. 5, 7- 8:30pm
- Get you story finished!
- Write four sentences. Each one should use a different type of comma. Hint: there are 4 comma rules.
- Get your parents to sign Computation #4. Show them the questions you got incorrect and tell them what you need to work on.
- "Big Moons, Small Planets" is due tomorrow. IE: I will be checking homework. It is on Edmodo in case you need the questions.
- Explorer project work time will be given tomorrow. (1 period to each class.)